ADSM-L

Win-DFS and Backup

2007-01-12 08:51:14
Subject: Win-DFS and Backup
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:49:54 +0100
Hi all,

Just having problems backing up my Win2003 Server (TSM-Client 5.3.4.0,
TSM-Server 5.2.4.3) :

First on this Server was DFS-Service started and the DFS-Replication Service
(only local volumes).
While running normal incremental backup, all files in that replicated area
were expired !!
Looking on servers include/exclude list ( dsmc q inclexcl ), I see that those
areas are excluded by operating system (source file).
        --> "Exclude all        d:\user\...\*           Operating System"

First question : Does the operating system mark those files as system files
or where does tsm get that information from ??
Second question : Is there a possibility to remove that exclude-statement or
to backup those areas matching the same directory-tree as former backups
(restore and versions).

With stopped replication service and option "dfsbackupmntpnt  no", I see
those files not excluded (im GUI) and can back them up.
(But I don't want to stop replication each time and don't know which other
effects happen)

Thanks for help

Chris