ADSM-L

Re: move data

2007-01-10 12:10:46
Subject: Re: move data
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:09:23 -0800
> Geoff - The IBM explanation of the ANR1171W message well describes the
>         situation: Do the Query RESTore as Bill suggested.
>A TSM Support Page search on that message turns up some APARS which
>supply more background.

At the time I had done a q restore and found nothing so it led to the
bigger mystery. The disk I was referring to was a storage pool disk that
had failed before all data could be written to tape. That disk failure
also caused TSM to crash. That in and of itself doesn't make sense to me
since it was only a storage pool disk but that crash also makes me
wonder if that also led to the problem.
The good news is that after the tape was checked out for offsite the
reclamation process cleaned the tape just fine. My only concern now is
the data that did not make it to tape.

Thank you,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator