ADSM-L

Re: windows - backup different set of directories on different days

2007-01-05 09:29:00
Subject: Re: windows - backup different set of directories on different days
From: Richard Hammersley <hammersl AT XAVIER DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 09:27:44 -0500
Thanks for the info.  After reading them I had a head slapping duh moment.

Of course I'm doing incrementals so if I backup up Monday's data then it won't
be backed up on
Tuesday, or Tuesday's on Wednesday.  So I really don't need a solution as TSM
solves it with the
incremental.

Kelly Lipp wrote:
Well, if you are doing an incremental backup, it will ignore the
previous day's directory without you having to do anything special.  It
will want to scan that directory to see if there is anything to move,
but it won't move anything.  If you don't want that scan behavior,
consider installing the journal engine.

Thanks,

Kelly J. Lipp
VP Manufacturing & CTO