ADSM-L

Re: Resetting Passwords on Clients

2007-01-03 13:09:56
Subject: Re: Resetting Passwords on Clients
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:09:57 -0700
Some things that can cause the encrypted password to "break":

- Switching between CLUSTERNODE NO and CLUSTERNODE YES (password
encryption based on host or cluster name, depending on CLUSTERNODE value).

- If the host or cluster name changes (password encryption based on host
or cluster name, depending on CLUSTERNODE value).

- If the password is changed by means external to PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
functionality. For example, if you use UPDATE NODE to change the password,
or you connect with that node name from a different machine, and
subsequently change the password.

- Using the same node name to connecting to two different TSM servers that
have the same TSM server name but different node passwords.

There are other trivial cases, too, such as changing NODENAME in dsm.opt
file to a node whose password has not already been encrypted.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/03/2007
10:29:53 AM: