ADSM-L

AW: [ADSM-L] Fw: JBB Notification Buffer overflow ?

2006-12-29 06:14:47
Subject: AW: [ADSM-L] Fw: JBB Notification Buffer overflow ?
From: Otto Chvosta <otto.chvosta AT MEDUNIWIEN.AC DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:09:03 +0100
Hi,

Thank you for that details :-)

Thats the reason why I asked for the actual jbbtools.
We've got our version from IBM support a jear ago.

We used the filemon tool to find out the right size of our notification
buffers.
In filemon.exe in our version there is only one option for the buffer size
(NotifyBuffer) but no one for directory change notification.

I did some tests with filemon using different filters (fn only, fd only ...
Each filter type only) and different buffer sizes on different domains with
ever same effect -> overflow

System load on the server is very low at the moment (Xmas holidays 80% Idle)

Client OS is a Microsoft Storage Server 2003 R2 ...

Is it possible that the Microsoft Managment Console/Storage Managment with
it's 'Shared Folder Extension' installed on the client is the reason for the
curious behavior of the notification mechanism ?

Do you know if there is a newer version of the jbbtools available und where
can we get them ?

Thanks for your efforts,

Otto Chvosta
TSM-Administration