ADSM-L

reclamation problem

2006-12-26 02:55:22
Subject: reclamation problem
From: Sasho Sterjovski <sasos AT ULTRA.COM DOT MK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 08:54:16 +0100
Hi,

My Mail server had a hardware problems and I don't know did you reply to my
mail.
So please if you have some solution for my problem below send it again.
Thanks.

I have IBM TS3100 working with TSM5.3.3 on AIX5.3.
Now customer want to have DRM. I dont't have any disk stg.
He want's to buy drive, bacause it's the cheapiest solution for him.
I think I could solve the DRM solution, but I'm not sure with tape reclamation.
DRM solution:
I define copy stgpool that points to device class with drive (DRIVECOPYSTG).
Every day I copy primary stgpool on TS3100(TS3100PRISTG) on copy stgpool on
drive(DRIVECOPYSTG)
I think that reclamation for copy stgpool isn't be a problem.
Primary stgpool reclamation solution:
I make second primary stgpool that points to device class with drive
(DRIVEPRISTG).
Let's say that I want to start reclamation on tape volume AAA which is in
TS3100PRISTG.
move data AAA stgpool=DRIVEPRISTG reconstuct=yes
Than the process is started and all the data on AAA will be moved on same
volume let's say BBB which belongs to DRIVEPRISTG.
Than I move data in opposite direction
move data BBB stgpool=TS3100PRISTG reconstuct=yes
I think that than I will have all the data on AAA and it will have 0%
reclamation space.

Is this OK?
Is there any potencial problem that I can't see?