ADSM-L

Re: IBM 3584 Tape Cleaning

2006-12-22 07:20:17
Subject: Re: IBM 3584 Tape Cleaning
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 07:19:49 -0500
We have a couple 3584's . . . the library does a good job of cleaning the
drives.

The one question I've not been able to answer is how to check for available
cleaning cycles
from our AIX TSM server.  With our 3494 lib I can get this via the mtlib
cmd.  While the mtlib
cmd works against a 3584, it does not show cleaning cycles.  I would like
to have a
script monitor the cleaning cycles and email when they get low - what we do
for the 3494.

Does anyone know of a way to tell cleaning cycles from a AIX server for a
3584 lib?

Thanks

Rick

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.