ADSM-L

Fw: JBB Tools

2006-12-20 18:01:02
Subject: Fw: JBB Tools
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:00:33 -0500
>> Anyone known if dbview and filemon to tune JBB exist on AIX ? and for
>> TSM 5.3.4 on Windows ?

The database viewing utility (dbviewb) is available for both platforms,
the other utility you mention is
only available on Windows and is somewhat obsolete in that it no longer
accurately reflects how the
journal daemon file system monitor works.

The journal daemon JBBFSNOTIFY traceflag is being added in the 5.35
version of the journal daemon and
this flag can be used to track file system activity.

When I get time I hope to  implement a file system monitor statistics
traceflag to track file system activity in
terms of number and type of object changes.

Hope this helps .....

Pete Tanenhaus
email: tanenhau AT us.ibm DOT com
tieline: 320.8778, external: 607.754.4213

"Those who refuse to challenge authority are condemned to conform to it"

---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on