ADSM-L

Re: Admin schedule, scratch vs private, tape library synopsis

2006-12-18 10:31:00
Subject: Re: Admin schedule, scratch vs private, tape library synopsis
From: Richard van Denzel <r.vandenzel AT BSU DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:11:27 +0100
Hi Kelly,

1) You will have to create another Admin (if you don't have the password for
the old admin). You can do this by
    halting the TSM server and starting dsmserv in the foreground (Server
Console). You can then create a new
    admin account.
    Query the schedules with Q EV * T=A or Q SCHED * T=A

2) First check the tapes with Q V <volume> or Q DRM if they are still in use.
If so, you cannot check them in as
    scratch.

3) Q SYS, Q LIBV (also do an inventory on the library itself), Q V.

Met vriendelijke groet, with kind regards,

Richard van Denzel.