ADSM-L

Quick question about archive management classes

2006-12-15 13:03:53
Subject: Quick question about archive management classes
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 13:03:26 -0500
Hi, I think I know how it works but I just want to verify. Currently the
default management class for my policy domain has archives retained for 7
years. I need to change that to 6 months for about half the servers in that
policy domain. I created a new management class for the 6 month archives and
will modify the scheduled archive command to include that management class
for future archives. The question is what happens to the old archives that
are bound to the default management class of 7 years? I think that they will
stay there until they expire in 7 years. The only way I can get rid of them
is to delete them through the gui on the server. That is what I need to
verify.
Thanks in advance,
Mark

Confidentiality Note: The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to whom or which it is addressed and may contain
dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error,
please delete this material immediately.
Please be advised that someone other than the intended recipients, including
a third-party in the Seligman organization and government agencies, may
review all electronic communications to and from this address.