ADSM-L

Re: INCLUDE / EXCLUDE PROBLEMS

2006-12-15 06:58:18
Subject: Re: INCLUDE / EXCLUDE PROBLEMS
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 06:55:35 -0500
On Dec 15, 2006, at 4:32 AM, adrian_compton wrote:

The first Include statement should be directing the Incremental to my
DISKPOOL, but I have files going to my tape pool described by a
management class called NT_TAPE_YEARLY. ...

Adrian -

This question comes up a lot.
Inspect your tape pool (as via Query CONtent) to see what is *really*
going there.  I suspects it's Windows directory information rather
than files, per TSM architectural policies.  Refer to the info in the
TSM manuals surrounding the DIRMc option regarding the handling of
directories.  There's also a bunch of descriptive info in ADSM
QuickFacts and the TSM Wiki.

Make use of 'dsmc q inclexcl' to more easily review the composite of
Include-Exclude options (from the client, OS, and TSM server).

   Richard Sims