ADSM-L

Re: dsmserv.lock and adsmserv.lock empty

2006-12-14 08:40:11
Subject: Re: dsmserv.lock and adsmserv.lock empty
From: "Bernaldo de Quiros, Iban 1" <iban.bernaldodequiros AT SUN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:38:53 -0000
Hi Richard,

It is a TSM server that have two instances.

Looking at the installation path we found the files dsmserv.lock and
adsmserv.lock but the size is 0, and the content is empty when TSM is running.

The same is happening with the second instance.

But one curious thing is that if we try to launch another TSM from the path's
that other TSM exists previously(and is up), it won't let you because the file
adsmserv.lock and dsmserv.lock exist -> but the content is empty and filesize
is 0.

The FS got enough free space.

In other way, what do you think about killing TSM with kill -9 <pid> script or
a "dsmadmc -se=<inst> -id=admin -pa=admin halt" script -> with this script
someone could find the admin password... :-(((

Any comments will be appreciated !!

Thanks !!

Ibán