ADSM-L

Re: Survey Question for Virtual Tape Users: What Vendors are you using for Virtual Tape?

2006-12-08 17:43:22
Subject: Re: Survey Question for Virtual Tape Users: What Vendors are you using for Virtual Tape?
From: Robert Clark <Robert_Clark AT MAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 14:42:56 -0800
Keeping large filesystems mounted ties up OS memory? Creating storage
pool volumes ties up TSM database space? Keeping filesystems mounted
all the time increases the likelihood that a crash will lead to
corruption?

How much perl scripting would be required to emulate an external type
library by mounting and unmounting filesystems and creating symlinks?
Emulating tape drives might be tough though.

[RC]