ADSM-L

Best Practice for Moving Node to new Domain

2006-12-08 11:08:43
Subject: Best Practice for Moving Node to new Domain
From: "Dennis, Melburn IT7" <melburn.dennis AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 11:03:24 -0500
What is considered the best practice for completely moving (both archive
and backup data) a node from one domain to another on the same server?
I know that you can do an "update node" command to point it to a new
domain, but this doesn't necessarily move the data to the new domain, I
am assuming it just makes it so that any new data is backedup/archived
under the new domain policies.  The reason I am asking is that I need to
move a node from one domain that does not use collocation (for our
smaller file servers) to a  domain for our larger file servers that uses
a stgpool with collocation turned on by node.  Any suggestions?

Mel Dennis
Backup Systems Engineer
Siemens Business Services
4400 Alafaya Trail
Orlando, FL 32826
MC Q1-108
Tel:  (407) 736-2360
Win:  439-2360
Fax: (407) 243-0260
Email:  melburn.dennis AT siemens DOT com