ADSM-L

Re: TSM SQL Listing Client Schedule showing MGMT Class

2006-12-08 07:13:07
Subject: Re: TSM SQL Listing Client Schedule showing MGMT Class
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 07:10:05 -0500
On Dec 8, 2006, at 5:30 AM, adrian_compton wrote:

Hi,

I would really appreciate some help with a script for the following.

I want to list all my schedules and be able to see what Management
class
they are using.
I have set the Management Class in the various Client dsm.opt files.
Is there a place where this info gets stored in TSM when the backup
takes place? I have looked through all the tables in Tivoli and
cant see
anything like what I require without going through all my Clients
individually.

Adrian -

It may be beneficial to review the TSM Concepts redbook, to better
understand how the product operates...  Schedules don't "use a
management class".  File system objects are individually bound to
management classes according to explicit, separate Include statements
as well as implicit rules (as in directory binding).  These end up
recorded, object by object, in the very large Backups table.  If you do:

    SELECT * FROM SYSCAT.COLUMNS where tabname='BACKUPS'

you will see the column definitions.  This is not a table you want to
routinely traverse.  Your site may want to consider using Client
Option Sets, where you can centrally define common Include
statements, to know which management class new backups are using.
Where no management class is chose, the Default Management Class is
in effect, which you can presume for files, and directories are bound
to the management class with the longest RETOnly value, except where
DIRMc is specified.  Again, this is all described in the Concepts
redbook, as well as the Admin Guide.

   Richard Sims