ADSM-L

Re: FW: Help Please

2006-12-07 18:50:23
Subject: Re: FW: Help Please
From: Margaret Clark <MClark AT SDDPC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 15:48:48 -0800
Kerry Campbell wrote:
I've been trying to install the integrated solutions console (ISC) on my
desktop.
... Does anyone have any instructions or a valid site for instructions to
accomplish this?

I struggled through the installation of ISC 6.0.1 in May 2006, using the
standard installation instructions.
Here are a few extra things from my own notes.

1) If you have to start again after an unsuccessful installation attempt,
 delete any previous installation directories in order to avoid this error:
   "c:\PROGRA~1\IBM\ISC601\runtime\_uninst already exists"
   (In the end, I had to reinstall Windows to achieve this.)

2) Before you begin, download and install latest JRE from Sun Microsystems to
avoid this error:
 "The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.4 or higher must already be
installed."

3) Notice the problem description on the IBM support site entitled,
 "IC47611: SILENT INSTALLATION OF ISC 6.0.1 AND ADMINCENTER 5.3.2 DOES NOT WORK
PROPERLY".

4) In May 2006 the latest download was TSMadminCenter5330.exe,
 which contained a ReadMe file that referenced TSM_ISC_5330_WIN.exe,
 which didn't exist.
 IBM support apologetically said that I could use TSM_ISC_5320_WIN.exe instead.

5) After successful installation, TSM Scheduler service started and exited
 three times, apparently told to shut down by the acceptor daemon.

- Margaret Clark