ADSM-L

Re: Problems backing up through firewall...

2006-12-07 10:59:25
Subject: Re: Problems backing up through firewall...
From: "Bos, Karel" <Karel.Bos AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 16:53:39 +0100
Hi,

12/07/2006 08:33:45 Waiting to be contacted by the server. => so 1501
outbound is open.

Your problem seems to be the prompted scheduling option. This means you
need to open the ports on you local firewall to let the ITSM server
contact your client. If you don't use the 'webports' option, this are
random ports. With webports you can define fixed port.

Alternate option is to use the scheduling option 'polling', which will
let the client contact the server to see if and when work is needed/to
be done. Less configuration work to be done.

Regards,

Karel