ADSM-L

Problems backing up through firewall...

2006-12-07 10:13:25
Subject: Problems backing up through firewall...
From: "Bell, Charles (Chip)" <Chip.Bell AT BHSALA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 09:11:36 -0600
Someone can probably easily point it out, but I am trying to figure out what
I may have misconfigured on a client. It is attempting to back up through a
firewall to our TSM server. The client host machine is running Linux and also
has a built-in firewall.

Client info

Dsm.sys

SErvername  tsm

   COMMMethod         TCPip

   TCPPort            1501

   TCPSERVERADDRESS   10.10.151.97

   ERRORLOGNAME  /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmerror.log

   ERRORLOGRETENTION  7 D

   SCHEDLOGNAME /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmsched.log

   SCHEDLOGRETENTION 7 D

   HTTPPORT           1581

   MANAGEDSERVICES    WEBCLIENT

   TCPCLIENTADDRESS   192.168.10.9

   SESSIONINITIATION  SERVERONLY

   SCHEDMODE          PROMPTED

   *TCPCLIENTPORT      1500

tsm: TSM>q n bhsftp f=d

Node Name: BHSFTP

Platform: (?)

Client OS Level: (?)

Client Version: (?)

Policy Domain Name: UNIX

Last Access Date/Time: 11/27/06   17:17:50

Days Since Last Access: 10

Password Set Date/Time: 11/27/06   17:17:50

Days Since Password Set: 10

Invalid Sign-on Count: 0

Locked?: No

Contact: Chip Bell

Compression: Client

Archive Delete Allowed?: Yes

Backup Delete Allowed?: Yes

Registration Date/Time: 11/27/06   17:17:50

Registering Administrator: BC03CB1

Last Communication Method Used:

Bytes Received Last Session: 0

Bytes Sent Last Session: 0

Duration of Last Session: 0.00

Pct. Idle Wait Last Session: 0.00

Pct. Comm. Wait Last Session: 0.00

Pct. Media Wait Last Session: 0.00

Optionset:

Node Type: Client

Password Expiration Period: 0 Day(s)

Keep Mount Point?: No

Maximum Mount Points Allowed: 1

Auto Filespace Rename : No

Validate Protocol: No

TCP/IP Name:

TCP/IP Address:

Globally Unique ID:

Transaction Group Max: 0

Data Write Path: ANY

Data Read Path: ANY

Session Initiation: ServerOnly

High-level Address: 192.168.10.9

Low-level Address: 1501

Collocation Group Name:

Proxynode Target:

Proxynode Agent:

In the dsmerror.log, I'm seeing the following every minute...

12/06/2006 15:57:26 sessInit: Starting communications initialization

12/06/2006 15:57:26 sessInit: Transitioning: sInit state ===> sTRANSERR state

The schedule log shows...

12/07/2006 08:33:45 Waiting to be contacted by the server.

Please help!  :-)

God bless you!!!

Chip Bell
Network Engineer I
IBM Tivoli Certified Deployment Professional

Baptist Health System
Birmingham, AL

Confidentiality Notice:
confidential information and intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named in the address. If you are not the
distribution, or copying of this information is strictly
prohibited. If you received this information in error, please
notify the sender and delete this information from your computer
and retain no copies of any of this information.