ADSM-L

Re: Migrating to new TSM server - first timer

2006-12-06 10:25:16
Subject: Re: Migrating to new TSM server - first timer
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.s AT EVOLVINGSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 09:23:36 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
James Marcinek
>I am getting ready to migrate and upgrade a TSM server currently at
5.2.8
>on a Red Hat server to a Suse Linux 10 server. After the migration I
would
>like to upgrade to TSM 5.3. Does anyone have any good procedures or
docs
>that discusses this? I would like to make sure I have everything
covered
>and done properly.

Whenever you have a question about upgrading TSM server code, please
refer to the appropriate installation manual. In this case, it is the
TSM 5.3 Server for Linux Installation Guide (the section labelled
"Performing a Migrate Install"). It is available from the TSM
Information center
(http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/index.jsp)

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.s AT evolvingsol DOT com)
Senior TSM consultant