ADSM-L

Re: Will TSM ever support BMR for windows systems?

2006-12-06 10:20:56
Subject: Re: Will TSM ever support BMR for windows systems?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 10:19:55 -0500
Hm.
I think you should go back and figure out WHY you are having trouble
with ASR "taking forever".
It does exactly what you ask - lets you boot from a CD, and restore from
TSM.

The way it is coded the TSM restore piece is slow, but we found that was
due to the restored files all echoing back to the DOS window.

If you will edit the ASR diskette and change the commands as shown to
pipe the output to a file instead of echoing back to the screen, it cuts
the restore time drastically:

dsmc restore \\TSM2003TEST\C$\ C:\ -subdir=yes -preservepath=complete
-replace=all -tapeprompt=no -nodename=node$ -optfile=tsmasr.opt
>restore_$C.log

dsmc restore systemstate -asrmode=yes -nodename= node$
-computername=TSM2003TEST -optfile=tsmasr.opt >restore_sysstate.log

dsmc restore systemservices -asrmode=yes -nodename= node$
-computername=TSM2003TEST
 -optfile=tsmasr.opt >restore_sysservices.log
.
Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)