ADSM-L

SL500 installation

2006-12-05 03:12:54
Subject: SL500 installation
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <SHWL AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 09:09:03 +0100
Hi,

I´m running TSM 5.3.4.0 on w2k3 and have a STK9710 and 6 DLT7000 drives
connected to TSM, (all scsi).
When I connect a Sun SL500 with 4 IBM LTO3 (all FC) plug an play finds the
drives but not the
library. I manually update the library driver to tsmscsi.sys (driver properties
in dev. manager).
Reboot and define librray and path in TSM, ok.

I run the latest IBM LTO3 driver IBMTape.x86_6141.zip. IBMTape updates all
drivs but I cant connect to STK9710
or DLT7000 drives. When I look at c:\...\console\tsmdlst TSMscsi is stopped (or
disabled).
In TSM mgmt console\device information the device name have been updated for
all libraries and drives from
ex. mt.1.0.0.1 to \\.\1. TSM names remains the same. A reboot doesnt change the
behavour.

Questions.
Why does IBMTape disable TSMscsi? My old HW depends on TSMscsi driver...
How do I install the new drives properly?

Any hints are appreciated.

//Henrik

this message.
Thank you.