ADSM-L

Client node will not talk to TSM server

2006-12-05 00:19:45
Subject: Client node will not talk to TSM server
From: Paul Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 15:51:02 +1100
I have a linux TSM node called ANL2 that has stopped communicating with
the TSM server since Friday December 1st. We have not been able to
perform any backups on this server since that time.

The error in the activity log is:

12/05/2006 15:09:53   ANR0406I Session 12863 started for node ANL2
(Linux86)

                       (Tcp/Ip ANL2(59771)). (SESSION: 12863)

12/05/2006 15:09:53   ANR0423W Session 12863 for administrator LH$
 ( ) refused - administrator name not registered. (SESSION: 12863)

12/05/2006 15:09:53   ANR0403I Session 12863 ended for node ANL2
(Linux86).

                       (SESSION: 12863)

This same error appeared on Friday night when the ANL2 server stopped
talking to our TSM server. I also appears each time I kill and restart
"dsmcad" on the ANL2 server.

I have used the "update node" command to update the password for the
client and have used the "update admin" command to update the admin
account for ANL2 which is called ANL2.

I have also updated the client node using the TSM administration GUI.
When I start the Backup-Restore GUI using Internet Explorer on node
ANL2, I can start it but when I click on the Backup option (or any
option) I get the error "ANS2604S: The web client agent was unable to
authenticate with the server".

When I look at the processes running on client node ANL2 I see these
processes:

root     16887  0.0  0.1 39140 2440 ?        S    15:37   0:00 dsmcad

root     16896  0.2  0.1 21732 3020 ?        S    15:38   0:00
/usr/bin/dsmc schedule

 /tmp/fileo78pFb -optfile=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.opt

The dsm.opt file has not been changed (neither has the dsm.sys file).

The output from the query node command for ANL2 is:

Node Name                 Platform Policy Domain  Days Since Days Since
Locked?

                                   Name                 Last   Password

                                                      Access        Set

------------------------- -------- -------------- ---------- ----------
-------

ANL2                      Linux86  STANDARD               <1         <1
No

The output for the query admin command relating to ANL2 is:

Administrator     Days Since    Days Since   Locked?    Privilege
Classes

Name             Last Access  Password Set

--------------  ------------  ------------  ----------
-----------------------

ADMIN                     <1           173      No      System

ANL2                      <1            <1      No      Client Owner

Can anyone offer some advice on how to fix this problem and get the
client node ANL2 talking to the TSM server again.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Dudley

ANL IT Operations Dept.

ANL Container Line

 <mailto:pdudley AT anl.com DOT au> pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

ANL - CELEBRATING 50 YEARS

ANL DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.