ADSM-L

Re: backup destination change possible?

2006-12-02 03:53:16
Subject: Re: backup destination change possible?
From: Don France <DFrance-TSM AT ATT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 05:16:10 +0000
You could use management class within the same PD;  the same
way you'd use a different MC for incrementals or differentials (ie,
the logs), just add the appropriate INCLUDE statement in their opt file.

Also, consider sending the disk_mc data to a storage pool that migrates
to the same tapepool as the other, direct-to-tape TDP nodes (to keep
all the TDP data in the same tape pool, for expiration/reclamation efficiency).

Don France
-------------- Original message from "RODOLFICH, NICHOLAS" <NICHOLAS.RODOLFICH
AT SCPPOOL DOT COM>: --------------