ADSM-L

Re: TDP for SQL - archive normal backup?

2006-11-28 09:35:41
Subject: Re: TDP for SQL - archive normal backup?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:35:13 -0500
Paul,

No. If you want to create backups that are kept for longer term
than your normal Data Protection for SQL backups, you could
create a separate nodename, for example, SQLSRV10_ARCH,
and back up using that node once a week or once a month,
(or whatever your needs are) and make sure to bind those
backups to a management class that has the long term
settings that meet your requirements.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/26/2006
09:28:37 PM: