ADSM-L

Re: scripting change of schedules

2006-11-27 10:56:35
Subject: Re: scripting change of schedules
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:55:57 -0500
>> On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 14:35:18 -0500, egonle AT NETSCAPE DOT NET said:

> Hi,

> I'm going to change quite a few of my schedules. Is there a way to
> automatically change a lot of schedules automatically? I have to
> change start time, type and object.

I have an admin ID with a known password and no permissions, to permit
me to run command line utilities like:

-bash-2.05b$ dsmadmc -se=test  -id=query -password=query -tab -dataonly=yes
"select 'update sch',domain_name,schedule_name,' startt=something' from
client_schedules"

update sch      TEST    BAR      startt=something
update sch      TEST    FOO      startt=something

If you want to change them all the same way, then this could emit a
copy-and-paste-able output.  If you want to change them all to
something different from each other, you can paste it into an editor,
make it look 'like you want', and then paste it back in.

If you're using the web GUI, then God Bless You.

- Allen S. Rout

PS:  You may have to replace tabs with spaces in the -tab cmdline
output.