ADSM-L

Re: RMAN Deletions with BA Client

2006-11-21 12:32:56
Subject: Re: RMAN Deletions with BA Client
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.s AT EVOLVINGSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:30:18 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Neil Rasmussen
>You should be able to use 'tdposync' (comes with DP Oracle
installation)
>to do exactly what you are looking to do....not sure if you were aware
of
>this tool.

That assumes, of course, that the Oracle DBA hasn't orphaned those
backups by detaching and then reattaching the catalog to the database.
(Happened at a job, with the excuse that "it would take months to sync
up the months of expired backups that we couldn't be bothered to expire
out until the other day".)

It left some 40TB of orphaned backups that had to be deleted manually
with DELETE VOL.

Imagine my joy.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.s AT evolvingsol DOT com)
Senior TSM consultant