ADSM-L

Re: Litigation!

2006-11-21 11:46:02
Subject: Re: Litigation!
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:45:01 -0500
Hello,

While were on the subject of Backup Sets, I  read somewhere that Generation
of Backup Sets to point in time along with other Backup Set enhancements
may be
coming in a future release 5.4. Has anyone heard anything about that?
Also, Does
anyone have any idea when 5.4 is due out?

Regards,

Prather, Wanda wrote:

My understanding is that coming in a future release of TSM (probably
5.4), we will be able to stack multiple backupsets on a tape, and
restore individual files more easily.

That might be a possible solution for data that is very unlikely to ever
be needed, but has to be retained.  At least it won't cause massive DB
growth.