ADSM-L

Re: Mounting and Unmounting the same 2 tapes

2006-11-21 11:41:21
Subject: Re: Mounting and Unmounting the same 2 tapes
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:39:10 -0500
Thanks for this.  I noticed this on my last DR test and never have had
the time to research it.

So TSM keeps going for the primary disk storage and when it can't find
it, calls for the tape again?

David

>>> Andrew Carlson <naclosagc AT GMAIL DOT COM> 11/20/2006 2:13 PM >>>
I think we have a handle on this.  We didn't see the message ANR1421W
that
said it couldn't read the disk volume.  We changed the mountret to 2
minutes, and it's been flowing well since.  Sorry for the
inconvenience.

On 11/20/06, Andrew Carlson <naclosagc AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> We are running TSMM 5.3.2.3 on AIX 5.2.5.  We are doing a disaster
test,
> restoring 2 filesystems from one node in a collocatted pool.  The
restore
> started, using 2 sessions.  What I am seeing is, TSM has mounted and
> unmounted the same 2 tapes about 15 times, while the session is
running, in
> about a 25 minute time period.  There are no errors, no errors in
errorlog.
> It doesn't seem like TSM should be doing this.  Any ideas?  Thanks
muchly.

> --
> Andy Carlson

> Gamecube:$150,PSO:$50,Broadband Adapter: $35, Hunters License:
> $8.95/month,
> The feeling of seeing the red box with the item you want in
it:Priceless.