ADSM-L

Re: How to list available scratch tapes

2006-11-20 05:10:03
Subject: Re: How to list available scratch tapes
From: Phillip Burgess <phillip.burgess AT TECTRADE.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:11:37 -0000

I have recently found a site who's TSM server was set to keep database backups
for 5 days, but they had a scheduled "delete volhist type=dbb today-5"  which
was erasing the tapes from the volume history after 5 days. The onsite guys
only checked DRM every 2 - 3 weeks for tapes that needed to be recalled, so
they were missing a few. 200+ database backup tapes in total were offsite that
they & TSM had no knowledge of.

I wonder if you have a similar script causing your tsm server to delete the
history of these tapes before you recall them