ADSM-L

Re: Litigation!

2006-11-16 12:05:01
Subject: Re: Litigation!
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:01:52 -0500
Orin, Del,

I think you could accomplish this by exporting the backups for the
node to a separate TSM server.  The domain you export it into could
have policy settings to effectively never expire anything, even the
inactive copies that already exist.   You can do this by having the
default management class have no limit on versions and an infinite
retention, and also make sure that the grace periods in the domain
are set as high as possible.

We are not currently doing this, but are thinking about implementing
something along these lines.

..Paul