ADSM-L

Perform backups on clustervolumes

2006-11-09 12:04:03
Subject: Perform backups on clustervolumes
From: Peter Schrijvers <Peter.Schrijvers AT BASF-IT-SERVICES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 18:03:39 +0100
Hi,

does someone know where I can find good information on backups for novell
cluster volumes.

We have three clusternodes with each 4 volumes.  How can I configure this
backup (prompted mode) so each time a volume is taken over by another
clusternode, the backup schedule gets inactive on the 'old' clusternode'
and get active on the new node?

I'm also having problems unloading the dsmc sched on the volumes.  Server
goes into abend state.  Also an extra push on the ENTER buttom is needed.
So when I want to do this via scripting or something else I may not have to
ENTER manually.

Thx,
Peter Schrijvers

  BASF-IT-Services N.V.