ADSM-L

Re: Checking in new tapes on new TSM tape library

2006-11-07 22:07:14
Subject: Re: Checking in new tapes on new TSM tape library
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 22:06:06 -0500
Maybe this is a silly question,  but have you placed the tape
in the I/O slot correctly?  With the barcode facing in?

David Longo

>>> Paul Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU> 11/07/06 9:59 PM >>>
OK - I tried the command

label libvol lb1.1.0.3 checkin=scratch search=bulk labels=barcode

and got the errors:

11/08/2006 13:54:24      ANR0984I Process 594 for LABEL LIBVOLUME
started in the

                          BACKGROUND at 13:54:24. (SESSION: 7295,
PROCESS: 594)

11/08/2006 13:54:24      ANR8799I LABEL LIBVOLUME: Operation for
library
LB1.1.0.3

                          started as process 594. (SESSION: 7295,
PROCESS: 594)

11/08/2006 13:54:24      ANR8826E No Entry/Exit found on library
LB1.1.0.3.

                          (SESSION: 7295, PROCESS: 594)

11/08/2006 13:54:24      ANR0985I Process 594 for LABEL LIBVOLUME
running in the

                          BACKGROUND completed with completion state
FAILURE at

                          13:54:24. (SESSION: 7295, PROCESS: 594)

Does this mean that there is a problem with the IO slot and I have to
place the tape in the cartridges?

Regards

Paul

slot

> on the right side of the unit.

> The command I execute is:

> tsm: ANLTSM>label libvol lb1.1.0.3 818ACFL2 checkin=scratch

> ANS8003I Process number 593 started.

> tsm: ANLTSM>q pr

>  Process   Process Description    Status

>   Number

> --------   --------------------

>      593   LABEL LIBVOLUME        ANR8804I Labelling volume 818ACFL2
in

> library

>                                    LB1.1.0.3.

> tsm: ANLTSM>q req

> ANR8352I Requests outstanding:

> ANR8306I 153: Insert LTO volume 818ACFL2 R/W into the slot with
element

> number 4112

> of library LB1.1.0.3 within 60 minutes; issue 'REPLY' along with the

> request ID when

> ready.

> The error that appears in the log when it fails is:

> 11/08/2006 13:28:10      ANR8300E I/O error on library LB1.1.0.3

> (OP=8401C058,

>                           CC=314, KEY=FF, ASC=FF, ASCQ=FF,

> SENSE=**NONE**,

>                           Description=The source slot or drive was
empty

> in an

>                           attempt to move a volume).  Refer to
Appendix

> D in the

>                           'Messages' manual for recommended action.

> (SESSION: 7292,

>                           PROCESS: 593)

> 11/08/2006 13:28:10      ANR8942E Could not move volume 818ACFL2
from

> slot-element

>                           4112 to slot-element 257. (SESSION: 7292,

> PROCESS: 593)

> 11/08/2006 13:28:10      ANR8802E LABEL LIBVOLUME process 593 for

> library LB1.1.0.3

>                           failed. (SESSION: 7292, PROCESS: 593)

> Regards

> Paul

> Paul Dudley

> ANL IT Operations Dept.

> ANL Container Line

> pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

> ANL - CELEBRATING 50 YEARS

> ANL DISCLAIMER

> This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended
solely
to the

> named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly

> prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the

> sender by return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or
make

> reference to it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any
person.

> Confidentiality Notice: The information in this e-mail and any
attachments

> thereto is intended for the named recipient(s) only.  This e-mail,
including any

> attachments, may contain information that is privileged and
confidential  and

> subject to legal restrictions and penalties regarding its
unauthorized
disclosure

> or other use.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that

> any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action
or
inaction in

> reliance on the contents of this e-mail and any of its attachments
is
STRICTLY

> PROHIBITED.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately

> notify the sender via return e-mail; delete this e-mail and all
attachments from

> your e-mail  system and your computer system and network; and
destroy
any

> paper copies you may have in your possession. Thank you for your

> cooperation.

ANL - CELEBRATING 50 YEARS

ANL DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely
to the named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is
strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail from your system. Please
do not copy, use or make reference to it for any purpose, or disclose
its contents to any person.

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may
contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message
in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it
from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify
the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in this message
are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where
the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of
a particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by
the entity to give such views or opinions.