ADSM-L

Sloooow Restore

2006-11-03 13:52:52
Subject: Sloooow Restore
From: Leigh Reed <L.Reed AT MDX.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 17:45:49 +0000
Orin,

OK, so it's not the same box.

I would still try a move nodedata to a disk storage pool for the purpose
of eliminating the tape and drive performance. Depending on the
occupancy of the TDP node, this could take some time.

I assume that you have installed the same version of Baclient and TDP on
the temp restore box and that you have copied the opt files and the
tdpexc.conf to this box. If you have accepted the default configuration
settings regards performance, you may want to revisit these, also you
may want to adapt them to suit the resources of this temp h/w (although
your problem seems more fundamental than this)

Lastly, did you have compression set on the TDP for the backup. When
restoring back, the temp machine will need to use CPU resource to
uncompress the data. If it is an old machine of low spec it will labour.
Do you have compression set on the target NTFS filesystem?

Version of Exchange ?
Version Baclient?
Version of TDP?

Leigh