ADSM-L

Re: TSM DB Increased - Export Node To Tape (Archive Data)

2006-10-31 10:38:59
Subject: Re: TSM DB Increased - Export Node To Tape (Archive Data)
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:37:45 -0500
You have hit one of my "pet peeves", the lack of controls for export and
the lack of ability to delete specific export tapes without having to
delete everything from one date, forwards.

AFAIK, there isn't any granularity to the controls in these areas.

Someone please correct me with some hidden, secret option !

"Rofie, Abu Bakar" <abrofie AT KNS DOT COM>
10/31/2006 08:54 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] TSM DB Increased - Export Node To Tape (Archive Data)

Hi All

I am running out of space for my TSM DB ( 98% ); What I'[m doing now is to
export some archive data to tape and delete it from archivepool/copypool.
My
problem is while trying to export 80 version of archive data (which was
taken on monthly basis) I only can supply 'fromdate' option where by it
will
export the version of archive from the date mention to the current date (
am
I right ?) Is that any option or solution that can also stated like
'todate'
to prevent the export session from take all the version.

Please help

Thanks
Abu