ADSM-L

Re: Sessions in Actlog

2006-10-30 09:51:15
Subject: Re: Sessions in Actlog
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:49:55 -0500
On Oct 30, 2006, at 8:02 AM, Aravind Kurapati wrote:

Is there any way to query the relationship between Session numbers
in actlog
and a TSM job? It is quite common to find multiple sessions for the
same job

Aravind -

There's no ready way that I know of to relate the Producer and
Consumer sessions resulting from RESOURceutilization > 1.  The
Producer, being the session in charge, will show a start time (in
'select * from sessions') which is as early or earliest of any
session for that node, and will typically show a LAST_VERB of Ping,
rather than BackInsNormEnhanced or the like.  In 'SHow SESSions'
output, the Producer will show SessType=5 for a scheduled process,
with its Consumer "children" being SessType=4; and the Producer will
not transfer data, so its Backup and Archive object count will be
zero.  (But, in a manual 'dsmc', the sessions will all be
SessType=4.)  You will also see these session type numbers in the
dsmaccnt.log records.  So, to the best of my knowledge, this is all a
matter of discerning, rather than readily determining.

   Richard Sims