ADSM-L

Re: TDP for SQL - space in database name

2006-10-27 15:54:15
Subject: Re: TDP for SQL - space in database name
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:52:59 -0400
Dan,

Yes, it can have a space. Use quotes around the database name when
specifying Data Protection for SQL commands. For example:

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPSql>tdpsqlc backup "Name with a space" full

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases:
Data Protection for Microsoft SQL Server
Version 5, Release 2, Level 1.06
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1997, 2006. All rights reserved.

Starting SQL database backup...

Beginning full backup for database Name with a space, 1 of 1.
Full: 0   Read: 2182896  Written: 2182896  Rate: 1,403.38 Kb/Sec
Backup of Name with a space completed successfully.

Total SQL backups selected:               1
Total SQL backups attempted:              1
Total SQL backups completed:              1
Total SQL backups excluded:               0
Total SQL backups inactivated:            0

Throughput rate:                          1,402.46 Kb/Sec
Total bytes transferred:                  2,182,896
Elapsed processing time:                  1.52 Secs

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Tivoli Storage Manager Development
IBM Corporation

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/27/2006
12:19:50 PM: