ADSM-L

Re: return code 1 from scheduled script

2006-10-27 09:23:27
Subject: Re: return code 1 from scheduled script
From: Adrian Compton <adrianc AT ASPENPHARMA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:25:26 +0200
I had a similar problem 2 days ago with a TDP for Exchange Client.
It turns out the command line specified the following:
c:\Program Files\Tivoli\tsm\tdpexchange\.............. (points to cmd file)

I changed it to :

c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\tdp........... it worked.

It seems Tivoli does not like the full windows path in the Command script.

Perhaps I am wrong, but this solved my return code of 1.

Adrian Compton

On Oct 27, 2006, at 8:38 AM, Lawrence Clark wrote:

> We've begun getting a return code of '1' from a scheduled script.
> However, the (database) backups in the script all appear to be
> completely successfully.
>
> I don't recall ever seeing a '1' return code.
>
> Any suggestions as to why a vi script would return a '1'?

That's in ADSM QuickFacts under message ANS1512E.
It almost always means that a PRESchedulecmd or POSTSchedulecmd or
similar customer executable is defective.  Whereas this just started
happening, check the timestamp on the executable: someone likely
changed it (where you should be able to compare with the backup copy
they made before undertaking the change); else a new condition is
causing an otherwise unused area of the script to be run.

   Richard Sims