ADSM-L

reconnect tsm client in a cluster environment

2006-10-25 15:21:11
Subject: reconnect tsm client in a cluster environment
From: Karin Dambacher <karin.dambacher AT EMPRISE DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:18:51 +0200
Hi everybody

if a backup over a schedule is running on a cluster resource and the
cluster resource will fail and move to the other side, is it possible to
reconnect and go on with the backup?
I moved the group for testing, and the services started well on the other
side but no reconnect. In TSM Server message ANR1639i arrived. As
described in technote 1142513 : "This message is informational and you can
expect to see them whenever you perform a failover in your clustered
environments and the client reconnects to the TSM server." I interpret,
that the client will reconnect, but our client does not.

Thanks for skill, Karin