ADSM-L

Re: Running out of Tape Slots in Library

2006-10-24 10:13:06
Subject: Re: Running out of Tape Slots in Library
From: Harry Redl <Jindrich.Redl AT WHITESOFT DOT CZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:10:39 +0200
Hello,

Have Neo4000 and my experience was, that HP LTO3 were not supported below
5.3.x (at the time only 5.2.6.x were available, so maybe in 5.2.7 it
works)
Adding additional module - I had to delete and re-define library again in
TSM (takes < 10 minutes - recommend to write a TSM script for it)
Seen this both on Win2k3 and Linux

are you going to use LTO2/3 drives mixed? beware on mixing media types in
such case .... as you do not mount LTO3 tape to LTO2 drive ....

Hope it helps

Harry

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 24.10.2006
13:54:06: