ADSM-L

Script to cancel a process

2006-10-23 13:30:08
Subject: Script to cancel a process
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:29:07 -0400
Hello,

Is it possible to create a script that will cancel a particular process and session number on a certain day, if the process is still active? After a certain period of time? Using a Script and the Admin Schedule? I have a daily TSM housekeeping script
that runs every day and one that runs on weekends the script that runs on
Sunday’s always takes to long due to a Backup Storage (disk to remote tape) process. We have 10 processes running and usually all but 1 or 2 after a 1hr to 1 1/2.
I would like to create a script to check if the process is still active
say 1:30pm and if so have it canceled by the script automatically. to continue on with the script so that it doesn't run into the next morning. We are still
looking into this issue. But I an just curious to see if this could be done.

Thanks in advance!

By the way does anyone know the when TSM 5.3.5 is due out?

Thanks again.

Aix 5.3/RS6000
TSM 5.3.4