ADSM-L

AW: TSM on a virtual machine?

2006-10-22 15:00:50
Subject: AW: TSM on a virtual machine?
From: Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ADAC DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:59:44 +0200
I do not see problems doing that - despite addressing tapelibraries out of an
vm...
The Cpu and RAM the TSM Server needs is most of the time during night. So a TSM
server can easy help to grow your esx hardware base. We have a dedicated tsm
server but are running tsm server for testing and smaller tasks also within an
vm with rdm disks (ATA on cx700) as backup device. Never had any problems doing
that...
Regards
Stefan Holzwarth