ADSM-L

Re: Backing up very large Filesystems...

2006-10-20 11:20:40
Subject: Re: Backing up very large Filesystems...
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 08:18:13 -0700
Bernaldo de Quiros, Iban 1 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to backup very large Filesystems (GPFS filesystems), about 37
> TB and more , does exists a White Paper or best practices to do that ¿?

I've found that setting RESOURCEUTILIZATION as high as practical helps a
lot, especially if you have lots of files.

You can also break up the work across however many nodes that you have
by using proxy node relationships:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itsmhpn.doc/update/anrhgd53372.htm

-- K324, (206)-685-7354
-- University of Washington Medical Center