ADSM-L

Re: good books on queries

2006-10-20 07:16:44
Subject: Re: good books on queries
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 07:14:29 -0400
On Oct 19, 2006, at 4:37 PM, Avy Wong wrote:

hello,
Can anyone refer me to some good books or links on Tivoli commands? I understand IBM site themselves have some reference to it , but the query commands are not quite enough to do what I would like to do, may be I need to find more information about complex query . I appreciate if anyone can
send me to the right direction. ...

Avy -

IBM recognized this many years ago and introduced SQL query (Select) capability in ADSM version 3. Read the Administrator’s Guide manual to learn all the capabilities provided by the product. And the most comprehensive coverage of TSM SQL can be found in the appendix of the TSM 5.1 Technical Guide redbook. With Select, you can get only information that you want, formatted the way you want. A scripts.smp file is installed with the server, containing a variety of SQL queries which you can use or adapt, and there are Technotes on the IBM site with additional examples.

   Richard Sims