ADSM-L

Client Option format for Domain

2006-10-19 12:05:05
Subject: Client Option format for Domain
From: William Sherrill <billsh AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:47:09 -0400
     I seem to be having trouble with the correct syntax for defining the
domain under the client option sets.  I have nodes defined for  window's os
that I just want to backup system objects, c: and d: drives.  I have other
nodes defined for the e: and f: drives.  I tried c: d: systemobject
systemservices systemstate and e: f: for the other one.  When I enter q
opt, I see everything under the domain for both nodes.  Also the problem
with using systemobject systemservices systemstate is that they don't all
apply to every version of windows and I do have a several versions.   I am
looking for examples in defining the client options.  I am also trying to
stay away from using the minus sign because I know I will run into some
host that have g: h: ,etc and want to explicitly define the domains.

Thanks,
Bill Sherrill