ADSM-L

Re: Microsoft volume shadow copy failed

2006-10-19 06:39:34
Subject: Re: Microsoft volume shadow copy failed
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <SHWL AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 12:33:22 +0200
Normally it is a VVS problem, Ntbackup should fail too when backuping up
Syatemstate/ASR information.
Stopping and restarting VSS service etc wont solve the problem. MS is
happy to provide som hotfixes and they will require a reboot.
Try 'vssadmin list writes' to check if some VSS writers are in error
state.

And when we are talking Windows, a reboot will certainly clear the error
state.

//Henrik