ADSM-L

Re: 3 layer storage hierarchy

2006-10-13 18:25:17
Subject: Re: 3 layer storage hierarchy
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:24:05 -0600
Hi Remco,

Your observations are correct. If the target storage pool (DISKPOOL)
cannot fulfill the request, then we'll try the next storage pool
(FILEPOOL). But if the second request cannot be fulfilled, then TSM does
not take it any further. This is a limitation that we are aware of, but at
this time  there are no plans to address it.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/13/2006
02:17:58 PM: