ADSM-L

Importing nodes; STGPOOL name mismatches

2006-10-13 15:07:20
Subject: Importing nodes; STGPOOL name mismatches
From: Nick Laflamme <nick.laflamme AT NIST DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:06:04 -0400
TSM 5.2.3.5
AIX

One of our TSM servers has a somewhat different layout than our three
other production TSM servers, reflecting a somewhat different purpose
for this server. Where three servers have Domain names like DP1 through
DP6 and primary storage pool names like DP1 through DP6 and TP1 through
TP6, on the fourth TSM server, we're using DP21 through DP26 for domain
names and storage pool names as well as TP21 through TP26 for the
corresponding tape storage pools.

Now we would like to move several nodes from the three servers to the
fourth. I set up a DP6 domain on the fourth server, pointing it to the
DP26 storage pool, but when I try to import a node that was in DP6 on
its original server, I get an ANR0665W message because storage pool DP6
isn't defined.

Obviously, we could define a DP6 disk pool, but I get dirty looks from
my colleagues when I propose that.

Should I delete DP6 from the recipient server and let the nodes get
imported into some default domain? Are the management classes associated
with files and directories at risk if I do that?

Does this become easier if we wait until we upgrade the servers to 5.3?

The things I find on a Friday....

Thanks,
Nick