ADSM-L

Storage Agent communication fail and could not unload tape

2006-10-13 08:44:46
Subject: Storage Agent communication fail and could not unload tape
From: zareyna <zareyna AT ADR-MALAYSIA DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:43:44 +0800
Hi all,

I was doing backup as usual and encounter this problem where the tape could
not be unloaded from the drive.

ANR8325I  Dismounting volume A00073L3 - 1 minute mount retention expired
ANR0408I  Session rejected by server PRDDBLA1_STA, reason : Communication
Failure
ANR8213W  Failure Connecting to library PRDDBLA1_STA to manage volume
A00073L3
ANR8779E   Unable to open drive mt2.0.0.1 error number=170

Due to this, I have to halt the storage agent so that the tape could be
unloaded from the drive. I have made some changes on the mount limit where
previously was setting to DRIVE and I have changed it to 999 mount limit but
changed it back to the original setting that is DRIVE.

Is there any connection problem on the storage agent cause it looks like the
first error is "ANR0408I  Session rejected by server PRDDBLA1_STA, reason :
Communication Failure".

What is the cause of this problem? My tape drive driver is 6.0.82 and I have
disable the CPF. The server run on Windows 2003 Svr and the client is on
AIX5.3L and have tape drives defined.

Really appreciate if anybody could suggest solutions on the problem above

Many Thanks

Zareyna Salim