ADSM-L

Re: SUSPECT:

2006-10-13 03:17:08
Subject: Re: SUSPECT:
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:16:21 +0200
Nicholas,

As  both libraries are using the same type of media, this should not be
very difficult.

What I would do :

- define the new 3584 library + drives + path to the drives
- define new device class pointing to 3584
- stop any operation accessing tapes (reclamation, client schedules,
migrations)
- store the output of "q libv name_of_3583_libary" to know which volumes
were private and which one were scratch
- checkout all volumes from 3583 library (checkout libv ... remove=bulk)
- checking of the volumes in 3584 library, taking care of specifying if
they're private or scratch
- update the storage pools previously pointing to the 3583 library, to
assign them the newly created 3584 device class (do not forget database
backups devclass !).
- if performing LAN free backups, review the storage agents
configuration (same for possible library client TSM servers)
- enable tape operations again ...

This should do the trick !

Cheers.

Arnaud

******
Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland,
CIT Department Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com
******