ADSM-L

[no subject]

2006-10-12 13:32:24
From: "RODOLFICH, NICHOLAS" <NICHOLAS.RODOLFICH AT SCPPOOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:15:52 -0500
windows server admin is trying to configure his client to backup only a
specific directory on his c: disk.

Server = AIX 5.2.7 on AIX 5.3.4
Client   = Version 5.3.3  on Windows 2003

He is using the following dsm.opt file.

PASSWORDACCESS   GENERATE
DOMAIN           SYSTEMSERVICES
DOMAIN           SYSTEMSTATE
include "c:\program files\research in motion\...\*"

TCPSERVERADDRESS 10.7.100.109

MANAGEDSERVICES   WEBCLIENT

COMPRESSION            YES

DFSBACKUPMNTPNT   NO

This is the syntax in the TSM implementation course book for the include
and this is what support says should work but NO WORKY!! When the backup
occurs, it pretends not to see this include entry at all. We have tried
several permutations of the syntax and they all seem to be ignored. This
client is a part of a schedule that contains other clients so we cannot
use the objects field on the server definition of the schedule. We are
restarting the client after each attempted correction and rerunning the
schedule through the server not manually. We also tried to run it
manually and the same thing occurred but I think that is the supposed
behavior when doing a manual.

 Any assistance will be appreciated!!  Thank You Very Much!!

Nicholas